Monday, May 28, 2012

Accidents

Accidents happen.  Little ones.  All the time.  We spill flour if we cook.  We grab and delete on our computer.  We slip on the ice in the driveway.

Those of us who live life by doing things make mistakes and have accidents because we put ourselves in that position.  I'm so much more likely to spill flour, for instance, if I'm actually baking something.  And, generally, when an accident happens, I spend a certain amount of time reminding myself why it happened and what I can do the next time to prevent it from happening again.  I do this sort of debrief, as most of us do, so that the same accident won't happen again.

People who sit at home and watch television don't have as many accidents because there is so little to go wrong in that lifestyle.  But is that really living?

I guess I'll just carry on having accidents, making mistakes, and learning from them.

No comments:

Post a Comment