Monday, June 4, 2012

Vermont Race

Just back from a race in Vermont.  I couldn't have been prouder of not only my kids, but all the kids there.

My two favorite moments were when we were trailing behind and the older crew who crossed the finish line before us turned back to cheer us on.  And when the cox from the winning crew came to congratulate us for racing in First Division.

Winning in this sport really is less important than sportsmanship, cooperation, and having a good time.  I would seriously like to get a few world leaders out there to show them how it's done.  Then I remember that some day these kids will be running the world.  I have no doubt that they will remember what they learned on the water in these races.  I have no doubt that the world will be a better place.

No comments:

Post a Comment